The three of us arrived home on Monday 12.30pm safe and sound, only a flat tyre on Old Mort 30kms from Collie, apart from the normal oil leaks on a Model A both vehicles performed quite well. Both vehicles will require some electrical work before another long run, Nellie Fordor requires a complete re wire and Old Mort needs wiring upgrade.
Sue and Anne did a wonderful job of driving over 2,500kms averaging 360kms per day (although Sue did all the driving and Anne listening for any strange noises) it was quite an achievement. I must say it is a concern having to worry about looking after two 90 year old vehicles and getting two ladies home.
An update on total funds raised including online and donations collected along the trip was $1441.93 thanks to all those generous people who donated to this worthy cause.
Anne and Wayne
Want to be able to post?
Any club member who would like to be able to add posts just needs to contact either Fred Manwaring or Ian Steer to get a userid and password created for you.
- 90th Anniversary Badges December 14, 2018
- Where cap jets go to hide when you let them escape November 6, 2018
- Millman: Murray Bridge trip – it’s a wrap October 18, 2018
- Millman: Balladonia-Corrigin October 14, 2018
- Millman: back across the Nullabor October 13, 2018
Model A Restorer’s Club of WA